Monday, March 23, 2009

Commit No Nuisance.

On Friday I met up with my dear old dad for a few hours before he headed out to the airport and on to Dallas (!!!).

We had proper Aussie fish and chips for lunch and then wandered around the city for a while.



Dad sticks up two fingers to the establishment in Chinatown.



I can't remember where this wombat is - Federation Square? - but he sure is cute.



Dad taking advantage of the free wifi in Federation Square to check his email - AGAIN. I swear, he's worse than a teenager with that thing. (...yes. I'm jealous.)



This man was curled up on a ledge under a tree, fast asleep. On a more solemn note, the state of Melbourne's trees is really sad. The massive Norfolk pine in my backyard is shedding needles at a huge rate and, as you can see, the trees in Federation Square are badly affected. Let's hope for some decent rain soon!

After Dad and I parted ways, I crossed the Yarra and headed south for the calm, quiet, green shade of the Royal Botanical Gardens. More next post!

No comments: