Thursday, April 29, 2010

What do you do when life gives you green peppers..?

Stuff 'em!

I got a bagful of green peppers from the "staff" box at work, and devised a recipe around stuff I already had in my pantry.

I cooked some brown rice and black-eyed peas, mixed that up with onion, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon, cumin, cinnamon and paprika.  I chopped the tops off the peppers and stuffed the mixture inside, and put them in a baking dish.  I made a quick tomato sauce (this one) and poured it over the top of the peppers, and sprinkled some nooch and breadcrumbs over the top, and stuck it in the oven for half an hour to bubble and brown.

It was pretty damn tasty.  Yum!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds tasty! xxx

Bukoba Steve said...

Even better with some meat. Yum!

Nadiah said...

Hello there! It was nice to meet you too! I am back in Melbourne now. I hope the photos will turn out okay - find out soon I guess!

Nadiah x