Monday, September 29, 2008

Black goes with everything.

1. Gripe for the day.
The title of this post was my first boyfriend's motto, almost. And it's one I'd agree with, as black garments make up the bulk of my wardrobe. Black is great, because it's slimming and emo and very Melbourne, and it really DOES go with everything, but it's also very annoying when you're late for work and you can't find your black work cardigan in amongst all the other black in the bureau. I think a palette change is in order.

2. Dogs don't make great lunch dates.

I met my favourite lady friend, Preethi, for burgers on my lunch break today, and she brought her canine companion along. That was all fine, but Bill is a somewhat emotional dog, and he didn't take kindly to being tied up to a post and ABANDONED while we selfishly sat in splendour and comfort to eat our lunch. So, we tried tying him up next to the window so he could see us and know we were safe, but no dice. In the end, Pre stood outside on the footpath, with Bill's leash in one hand and her burger in the other, while I, on the inside of the cafe, popped chips into hers and Bill's mouths at regular intervals. It made for some funny looks from passers-by, let me tell you!









3. Roomy patch pockets on skirts: not just for show!
I went to a housewarming/Grand Final party down the street on Saturday night (I wore a blue and white spotted silk scarf as a subtle show of solidarity with my Geelong bros), and I didn't want to drink much, as I had to work at 6am the next day. So, instead of taking along a shopping bag with my six-pack of beer, I lightened my load by popping a can in each pocket, and a couple of cans in my purse, as illustrated below:


My ruby-red slippers got their first outing on Saturday night, too. If I was to count on my fingers the number of people who said, "Hey, Dorothy! Where's Toto?" to me, I'd have to take my socks off!

3 comments:

Tom said...

You have fingers on your feet?

FREAKO!

Anonymous said...

Black is great, because it's slimming and emo and very Melbourne, and it really DOES go with everything, but it's also very annoying when you're late for work and you can't find your black work cardigan in amongst all the other black in the bureau. I think a palette change is in order.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE. With everything you just said. I've been late for work on many occasions now, just trying to find the appropriate black cardigan for my outfit.. Can never seem to find the right one..

Pip said...

I keep running out of black garments to wear to my current workplace.

This confuses me greatly.


(Love the emotional pup, too cute)