Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012



I have plans for 2012.

In 2012 I will pay off my bank loan!  This is special since once that's out of the way, I'll be able to start saving.  I have so many things I want to do, and to be financially free is the beginning.

In 2012, I'm travelling.  A seaside holiday in March, a trip to Kakadu in July.  It's been nearly 20 years since I was last in Darwin, and I'm excited to see how much I remember, and how much it's changed since I was 8.

In 2012, I will keep gardening.  In the three months since we've moved to a new house, we have done so much work on it, and it's only the beginning!  Right now we've only got lettuces, but soon the broccoli will be ready to harvest, and the tomatoes, and the beans, and pumpkins and zucchinis.  !!!

In 2012, I am going to see some music.  PJ Harvey this month at MONA FOMA, and Justin Townes Earle in Melbourne in April.  I hope there'll be more shows, and I hope I discover some new bands, too!

In 2012, I will spend time with my family and my friends.  My mama and her sister are visiting in couple of weeks, and I can't wait to see them.  I'll make time for coffee dates, and for long phone/Skype conversations with friends further afield.  I'll also take the time to remember and honour friends and family who are no longer here.

In 2012, I will cook and eat delicious food, in delicious company.

In 2012, I will keep driving and working towards getting my license.

In 2012, I will be kind and generous, thoughtful and considered, peaceful and joyful.


New Years Rulin's by Woody Guthrie, shared with me by my mother-in-law.

1 comment:

K said...

Sounds like 2012 is going to be a great year!