Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hair tales.

I need a haircut.

Can anyone recommend a hairdresser in Melbourne? I'd prefer somewhere close by to my home in North Fitzroy, but I'm willing to travel for the right haircutter.

Those who know me well know how true this statement is. My regular hairdresser, Elli, lives in Hobart, and I go to see her whenever I can, but right now I just can't justify that luxury. It's killing me to have to let someone else touch my hair, but I'll just have to deal with it.

Please don't tell Elli, though...

This is the kind of style I'm after, first spied on Camille's brilliant blog:





My hair isn't as thick as hers, but it boufs up nicely with a bit of texturising spray. I really like this look because it looks versatile, easy to style (see the previous sentence!) and easy to maintain and look after myself while I'm on the road.



The model's name is Freja Beha Erichsen. Isn't she lovely!

6 comments:

Emma said...

I've been going to Jane at Unico - she's ok.

Anonymous said...

That's a great hairstyle! I go to Rokk Ebony but that's in South Melbourne. :(

Annie Spandex said...

Love that hair! Good luck!

Em said...

I was just gonna say, when I lived in Melbourne, I used to got Unico. Bit pricey, but worth it.

http://www.unicohair.com.au/index.html

esme and the laneway said...

I love that haircut!
I go to Prophecy in Fitzroy, on Smith Street (closer to the Gertrude Street end) and have been happy there. Carmel is good!

Unknown said...

I love that haircut. I go to Springvale, which is probably a bit out of the way, but I do get a (usually) awesome haircut for $14. I say usually, because last time my hairdresser went nuts and now I have a style which actually requires styling in the morning which annoys me no end (I'm a get up and ignore my hair sort of a person).