Friday, October 10, 2008

Zoom-zoom.

1. Come fly with me, come fly, let's fly away...
I forgot to mention yesterday that I booked my flights to London and back! I'll be flying Milan-London in early December, and London-Pisa a month later. So exciting! This whole trip is getting more and more real with each passing day. Only 41 sleeps to go!

I'll be spending a month in London with a very tight budget - anyone got any tips for things to do for free? Obviously I'll be visiting all of the many galleries and museums! I can't wait to visit the British Museum, and in particular I want to visit the Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of Surgeons. I've just finished reading a biography of pioneering 18th-century surgeon John Hunter, and it'd be wonderful to see all of his specimens in the, er, flesh.

Obviously, visits to markets, vintage stores and H&M are a must, too! I'm taking the minimum of luggage with me so I can stock up while I'm away!

2. Speaking of H&M..



I spotted this in a shop in Northcote Plaza this afternoon, and it made me laugh out loud! Here's the real H&M logo...


OK.. it's getting late and I have to get up at 5am tomorrow! I hope everyone's weekends are lovely, and I'll be back on Monday!

xxx

2 comments:

esme and the laneway said...

Oh, how exciting! The Surgeon stuff really is great; is this the one near St Thomas's Hospital? I can highly recommend that one!

Also, rowing in Battersea Park lake (nice little row boats, not the big sporting long ones!), seeing the deer in Richmond park, the photographers gallery in Covent Garden, pic-ninc at Hampstead Heath, Little Venice, the markets... so many things!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't wait!

Can you recommend cheap/not dodgy accommodation in London, by any chance?